Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund and Ground Up.
We are looking for a highly motivated, personable and organized individual who is passionate about establishing and maintaining strong communities. The ideal candidate excels at forming lasting relationships with a wide variety of people and thrives in social settings. We are looking for someone who can lead targeted outreach efforts, form strategic partnerships, and engage homeowners on a one-on-one basis at local events.
- Work with local community centers, farmers markets, hardware stores, and churches to integrate Dandelion’s message into community events and activities – you are friends with local business leaders and can find ways to create partnership opportunities for Dandelion
- Create, execute, and host educational events that help to inform local homeowners about geothermal – you can execute an educational event from picking a location, finding folks to invite, setting up, hosting, and following-up with folks post event
- Serve as Brand Ambassador for Dandelion Energy in your community – everyone in the community should know your face, your car, and that you work for Dandelion
- Serve as a liaison between homeowners and Dandelion’s Energy Consultants (sales team) – homeowners should trust you to set-up in home energy consultations with our sales team
- Identify local marketing opportunities outside of events – should Dandelion be in the town’s local newspaper, radio show, coffee shop window?
- Work with local political leaders to find ways to get the word out about Dandelion – you are involved in local politics and know how to navigate these arenas
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Passion for renewable energy
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-rounded and able to talk about a wide range of topics with ease
- Exceptional people skills and high level of empathy
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
**We want to know more about you and how you are an active member of your community. Please share what organizations you are a part of, facebook pages, community events, local leadership groups etc.
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.