Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
We are looking for a Heat Pump Product Manager who will be responsible for managing the development, manufacture, and ongoing support of Dandelion’s residential geothermal heat pump equipment. Dandelion currently contract manufactures a unitary water-to-air heat pump with plans for product line expansion over the coming months and years, and you'll play a big part in that plan. You’ll be joining our fast growing engineering team with deep experience in mechanical systems, software, and controls.
What You'll Do:
- Product development: own full product life cycle of next-generation geothermal heat pump
- Manufacturer selection: serve as research and development lead for Dandelion’s heat pump manufacturers
- Generate product specifications, design documents, and vendor requirements to issue heat pump RFP
- Perform manufacturing and competitive cost analysis
- Manufacturing: coordinate directly with manufacturers to implement equipment and process improvement at the factory
- Quality assurance: support prototype and beta test installations as new features are rolled out in the field, track equipment issues and resolution status
- Documentation: create and maintain equipment documentation
- Communications: author and disseminate product updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Travel: be on site regularly at manufacturing facilities (various locations) and installation site (across NYS), while working out of our Manhattan office
Who You Are :
- Mechanical engineering degree, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience managing HVAC consumer products
- Experience with full product development life cycle in HVAC or similar products
- You have developed new products with contract manufacturers
- If you worked in a manufacturing environment, that's a plus!
- You have experience or knowledge of residential HVAC installation
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and have experience working with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment to move projects forward
- Must be able to communicate technical details clearly and effectively
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.