Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
A Dandelion Energy Consultant strives to exceed customer expectations and build strong relationships with homeowners. He/she will actively identify and pursue leads, address customer’s questions/concerns, and meet sales quotas of residential geothermal systems utilizing a customer-focused, consultative approach. As a primary external representative of the company, the Energy Consultant will be professional and knowledgeable while meeting directly with prospective customers in their homes. He/she will also work closely with the Dandelion Operations team to provide excellent customer service throughout the installation process.
**This role reports to the Director of Sales.
- In-home sales of residential geothermal systems; closing deals and signing contracts at clients’ homes
- Full life cycle business development, lead generation, sales, and ongoing customer support
- Working together with teammates and across departments to achieve company goals
- Identification and implementation of new processes to increase efficiency and improve the customer experience
- You have a minimum of two (2) years in-home sales experience, ideally in Energy, HVAC or a related industry
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a real self-starter--you get stuff done.
- You’re outgoing, warm, and feel confident chatting with new people.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.