Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
As Sales Director for Wal-Mart and Sam’s, you are accountable for sales growth and product distribution within our Wal-Mart and Sam’s business. You are a critical driver of the management of all selling and executional activities to achieve customer revenue and profit targets within your territory. This role capitalizes on maintaining relationships with our largest customer and is the crucial link between Daiya and the customer with proactive business-building initiatives that have been the cornerstone of our sales success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with VP of US and VP of Sales Strategy to develop strategic vision, sales strategies and objectives, financial budgets and forecasts for Wal-Mart and Sam’s
- Oversee all aspects of sales forecasting, planning and execution, including closing sales.
- Build, develop and maintain positive relationships with accounts.
- Superior utilization of the category management process to secure customer co-operation to mutually beneficial category response plans.
- Satisfy customer needs and strive to deliver revenue, share, and contribution growth using fact-based solutions.
- Proactively identify and implement business-building initiatives that contribute towards the achievement of superior business results for Daiya and the customer.
- Identify and implement new and unique ideas and opportunities at Walmart and Sams.
- Successfully manage trade spending and forecasting within category responsibilities.
- Manage, educate and lead broker and distributor partners in the support and management of the Daiya business with our customers.
- Forecast annual sales based on trends and company objectives.
- Represent Daiya at trade shows and trade association meetings to promote products and seek new business.
- Achieve or exceed KPI’s each quarter.
- Conduct appropriate training/consultancy.
- Perform other essential responsibilities as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College/University Degree required: preferably in a business-related field.
- 5+ Years of Walmart & Sams Club Experience.
- 10+ Years of sales, marketing, and/or business development experience.
- Good understanding of food industry supply chain and distribution.
- Experience developing relationships and sales with large customers and distributors.
- Experience successfully selling a niche or specialty product preferred.
- Passion for wholesome, plant-based, natural or alternative foods preferred.
RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willing to travel when needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player and able to work autonomously.
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong understanding of SPINS and Retail Link data is an asset.
- Understanding of Wal-Mart Connect is an asset.
- Must make most efficient use of company’s resources for conducting business.
- Strong persuasive writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven track record of sales success
- Ability to grow sales in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Flex days
- 401K matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!