Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
Our Sanitation Associate is responsible for ensuring the daily cleaning and sanitation of all food processing and manufacturing equipment to company and industry standards ensuring no damage of equipment during this process. This position is responsible for the handling, use and application of sanitation chemicals.
Shift Time: Monday to Friday (Graveyard Shift – 9:30pm to 6:00am)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete detailed sanitation activities to meet GMP, SSOPs and Canadian Food and Drug Act Standards
- Follow strict safety and quality standards as set out by company
- Follow safe work practices and procedures as per company policies and procedures and Work Safe BC regulations
- Carry out efficient sanitation SSOP for each piece of equipment without causing damage
- Operate the tunnel washer and coordinate with maintenance if breakdown of the tunnel washer occur
- Complete repetitive task such as:
- washing dirty dishes using specific detergent, sanitizer & while wearing PPE
- lift and stocking of plastic hoop parts
- load & unload hoop parts into & from the racks or cart
- Maintain the sanitation area, hallways (staging) & around garbage bins (outside) clean and tidy
- Able to handle pushing and pulling of loaded hoop rack into and out of the tunnel washer
- Able to haul away and remove waste and garbage from all production areas
- Refill supplies as necessary
- Able to learn to take down and wash machine parts or wash machines during change-over of product as needed
- Communicate and report to supervisors and lead hand on a regular basis
- Clean and cover all electrical panels and boxes for equipment
- Complete and maintain Master Sanitation schedule to achieve the company's food safety objectives
- In conjunction with Quality Assurance team, review and maintain SSOPs and Master sanitation schedule on annual basis
- Prepare plant for third party food safety audit
- Clean other areas (non-production) as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one (1) years’ experience in sanitation, preferably in a food manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of Food Safe, WHIMIS would be beneficial
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to work around, under and above equipment
- Maneuvering heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 25kg
- Good English written and oral communication skills
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Follow instruction without direct interaction.
- Forklift training an asset
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!