The Red Seal Certified Industrial Electrician must possess fundamental and specialized knowledge and skills related to the installation and maintenance of electrical devices and components found in industrial settings. The Industrial
Electrician inspects, installs, troubleshoots, repairs and services (includes calibration and preventive/predictive maintenance) electrical equipment such as motors, generators, pumps, heavy duty machines, environmental regulating systems, communication systems; and associated electrical and electronic controls for food production.
The Industrial Electrician is also responsible for working together with the rest of the maintenance team to complete
Work Orders and follow a Preventive Maintenance Program. This position may require shift rotation.
Shift Time: 6am - 2:30pm
Hourly Rate: $40.50
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond quickly to production requests for electrical support to ensure minimum downtime
- Minimize production downtime through preventive maintenance. Provide input and implement a Preventive
- Maintenance program to ensure that all equipment are routinely maintained
- Conduct audits/assessments on all production equipment to ensure operating standards are met
- Diagnose malfunctioning components, systems and apparatus using testing tools and equipment
- Inspect electrical components for identifying defects, hazards, or need for repair or adjustment to ensure abidance with codes.
- Assemble, examine, test, and maintain electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, equipment, apparatus, fixtures, and other components
- Repair or replace electrical wirings and other electrical fixtures
- Maintain safe practices and actively engage in continuous improvement projects to improve safety
- Inform the Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager/Supervisor/Lead Hand regarding potential hazards and recommending corrective solutions
- Follow blueprints or prepare outlines to find out the location of equipment and wiring
- Plan layout to install electrical wiring, fixtures, and equipment depending on the local codes and job specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance administrative duties like maintaining files and records, ordering equipment and supplies and preparing reports
- Provide cost estimates and preliminary sketches for services and materials as requested
- Collaborating with maintenance team members and provide training to apprentices as required
- Occasionally perform physically demanding tasks like moving or lifting heavy objects
- Keep abreast of new technology, electrical services, and manufacturing processes
- Red Seal Certified Industrial Electrician
- Dual Boiler ticket, 4th class power engineer
- Education: Post-Secondary education as electrician or electrical engineer
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Previous experience in food manufacturing facility an asset
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of PLC’s Servo drives
- Working understanding and ability to write logic for Siemens, Mitsubishi, Allan Bradley, and Direct Logic.
- Knowledge of SOPs and Good Manufacturing Practices in food industry an asset
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, showing high level of professionalism in written and verbal communications
- Assist with Machine certifications
- Must have good computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Self-directed and motivated team player
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations
- Persistence and confidence to ensure issues are resolved
- Ability to train others
- Comfortable working in a production area (temperature, humidity, noise, etc)
- Hearing protection and steel toe shoes required
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive wages
- Extended Health benefits 100% paid by Daiya
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!