Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provides an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile
Our Production Cook Supervisor will manage Cook Room operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures to ensure scheduled production levels are met for each shift at the highest quality output. Ensure smooth Cook Room operations during shifts to minimize downtime and waste.
Supervisors will ensure that manufacture of products is carried out in accordance with internal and external standards and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and SQF requirements along with Work Safe BC standards.
Shift Time: 3pm to 11:30pm
Salary: 60K - 70K/annually
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a food manufacturing setting including two (2) year in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to implement HACCP, SQF, SOPs, SSOP’s, GMPs, and preventative maintenance programs applicable to food production and food safety principles
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Relevant experience in manufacturing processes, preferably in the food industry
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to persuade and positively influence at all levels of the organization
- Able to deal tactfully and efficiently with all enquiries
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!