Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provides an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Brand Equity, the Social Media Strategist will be a part of the new and growing digital team. This role will lead all social community management efforts by creating connected experiences that engage audiences across key platforms. The successful candidate is a digital evangelist and consumer advocate who is obsessed with the latest trends to engage consumers on social media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical: Social media experience, stakeholder management, community management, analytics, project management and execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team and external stakeholders to ensure the integration of social media strategies align with broader marketing initiatives
- Lead regular social media creative briefing to uphold our channel strategy
- Work closely with our social media agency to articulate brand guidelines, campaign objectives, and messaging
- Lead the conceptualization of innovative and effective campaigns and initiatives
- Develop, review, and monitor content calendars, ensuring cultural relevance; consistency in brand voice and messaging; and prioritization of campaign objectives
- Partner with regulatory and consumer service teams to ensure all social content is compliant and consumer complaints are escalated
- Develop and uphold organic, paid social media, and influencer strategies
- Ideate and produce engaging content that drives engagement
- Measure, test, and report on the success of social media strategies using data-driven methods to make informed recommendations and optimizations
- Nurture relationships with ambassadors to ensure effective engagement and alignment
- Engage with all brand followers and fans on social channels, developing Daiya’s online community by answering questions, participating in discussions, finding new customers, and listening to current ones
- Create and strengthen partnerships with other brands, social media companies and influencers
- Contribute to and own Daiya’s Social media policy and social media PR crisis policy
Leadership & communication: social support of broader marketing goals, analytics driven, with communication skills
- Expert understanding of how social media supports broader marketing goals from awareness to ecommerce conversion.
- Ability to use analytics to prove ROI and create meaningful social media reports
- Strong understanding of brand voice
- Ability to lead ideation with content team and present innovative ideas and strategies to stakeholders
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 4+ years of experience working on a social team, at agency or client side
- Experience working with customer service & creative teams on social media platforms
- You’re an authentic storyteller that is comfortable being both behind and in front of the camera
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with expert understanding of how to craft great captions that evoke brand personality and drive consumer engagement
- Competency on all social media platforms, social media tools, and practices
- Project management experience
- A passion for natural food products, sustainable business, health & wellness industry
- Previous CPG and/or brand content experience
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA:
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!