Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Sales Planning & Strategy Manager at our head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director of Business Development and Planning the selected individual will play a key role in the development and market execution of Daiya's Strategic Growth Plan across North America. This position requires a Sales Professional with cross functional experience in one of the following – Sales Planning and Strategy, Marketing and/or Trade Marketing/Sales Operations with knowledge of the US (Wal-Mart, Kroger, Whole Foods etc) and Canadian (Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, Save on Foods) retail landscape and their go to market strategies. As a key member within the recently created Business Development Team the Manager is accountable for leading and developing specific sales goals and strategies leveraging the 4P’s, driving the sales planning process, channel optimization, and ensuring the sales team is armed to execute the Daiya portfolio with excellence.
You take sales and brand strategy seriously, but still have fun at work with your Daiya team. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plays key role in annual business planning by working closely with cross functional teams.
- Works with marketing to ensure that strategies and objectives are integrated into the field release and are consistent across business units.
- Provides leadership and works with finance on best in class sales reporting mechanisms and systems to ensure trade spending effectiveness.
- Plays a key role in the development of Best in Class customer business reviews and retail execution plans.
- Represents Sales within S&OP and forecasting cycles.
- Represents Sales in core team meeting for innovation and is accountable for trade rate development and price and promotional guidelines.
- Proactively identifies and implements business-building initiatives that contribute to superior business results for Daiya.
- Works with sales to manage price sloping dynamics and trade pressure incurred via expanded distribution and competitive entrants.
- Attends trade shows and applicable customer meetings.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal and external teams.
- Drives enhanced internal/external communication flow with excellent communication skills.
- Leads channel development strategy with key cross functional stakeholders (International, Club, Natural and MULO) for both customer and product.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Sales or a related field.
- 3-5 years of progressive Sales experience in the CPG industry with at least two years calling on large strategic accounts such as Target, Walmart, Loblaws and Costco. Natural Channel experience with Whole Foods Market an asset.
- Experience managing trade tools an asset
- Cross functional assignments in Trade Marketing, Marketing or Shopper Marketing. Experience negotiating and influencing, through communication, large groups or high-level constituents/representatives of an organization. Performance driven with desire to take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of go-to-market strategy for innovation including distributors, brokers, and direct shipment models
- Strong analytical skills with experience in P&L Development, Channel Strategy, Price/Promo/Trade Rate Development and product development.
- Experience with Canadian, US Retailer and Food Service Channels
- Comfortable with syndicated data – Spins, IRI, Neilsen and Customer Portals RetailLink, ILA, 84.51 etc
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Willing to travel 20-30 % of the time throughout Canada and the USA
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player and able to work autonomously
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong understanding of Nielsen and movement data is an asset
- Must make most efficient use of company’s resources for conducting business
- Strong persuasive writing and oral communication skills
- Understand all elements of a profit and loss statement
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven track record of sales success
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word,
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA:
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!