Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
Our Production Associate plays a key role in achieving business objectives by safely carrying out packaging, line inspecting, and other production related duties. Other responsibilities involve assisting with the set up and changeover of the packaging machines. Our Production Associates work as part of a team with changing responsibilities and ensure products and packaging meet quality standards while minimizing waste. Production Associates will complete paperwork on a daily basis to ensure quality of products and packaging meet Company Standards.
Production Associates will ensure manufacturing of products is carried out in accordance with internal and external standards and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and SQF requirements along with Work Safe BC standards.
Shift Time: 3:00PM to 11:30PM Monday to Friday, with occasional OT
Hourly Wage: $19/hour
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Complete packaging assignments, paperwork and feeding machines/lines as assigned
- Assist with set up and changeover of packaging machines and inputting information into equipment
- Follow a schedule and ensure products are packaged within allotted time
- Retrieve raw materials from cooler and add product and packaging to machine
- Assemble, pack, and label boxes and load onto a pallet; transfer full pallet to cooler using a pallet jack
- Complete paperwork for production and quality checks
- Ensure quality of products and packaging meet Company Standards by confirming weight, performing line checks, and communicating with other departments and informing them of deficiencies
- Minimize waste and maintain a clean working environment
- Work in other production areas as necessary
- Complete other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in packaging and/or a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Valid First Aid Certification is an asset
- Power Pallet Jack certification is an asset
- Proficient in math
- Able to read, write, and speak English on the floor at all times
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Able to work well on a team and multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
- Able to work in a cold environment (2°C) and stand on your feet for an extended period of time
- Able to complete tasks with a high sense of urgency
- Good attention to detail and organized; able to multi-task
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, and twisting while transferring product
- Operate mobile equipment
- Maneuver heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 50 lbs throughout the day
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!