Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
The Quality Control Technician ensures that Daiya’s food safety and quality standards are enforced and maintained at all stages of the manufacturing processes through routine quality monitoring, sampling and testing.
Shift Time: 4:30am to 1pm (Monday to Friday), with occasional overtime
Pay: $22.50 / hourly
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the quality of incoming raw materials, work-in-progress (WIP) and finished products through physical, chemical, organoleptic analyses, and on-site quality verifications
- Assess plant sanitation through pre-operational, changeover and environmental sampling
- Perform on-site label verification checks of finished products, WIP and premixes
- Conduct HACCP-related and routine quality monitoring
- Calibrate and properly maintain of laboratory equipment
- Collect and perform chemical concentration tests
- Perform QC administrative tasks as assigned
- Encourage and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in the plant; and ensure safe working conditions
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college in Food Science, Microbiology or related discipline; the equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Previous QA/QC experience in Food Manufacturing facility is an asset
- Ability to perform Microbiological testing and evaluation
- Working knowledge of HACCP, Prerequisites and GMP
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Sound and professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-pace and changing environment with minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Flex days
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!