Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provides an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile
Our Production Operator plays a key role in achieving business objectives by safely setting up and running assigned machine lines. Other responsibilities involve assisting with changeover of the packaging machines. Our Production Operators work as part of a team with changing responsibilities and ensure final products meet quality standards while minimizing waste.
Production Operators will ensure that manufacture of products is carried out in accordance with internal and external standards and in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and SQF requirements along with Work Safe BC standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate production records.
- Read and understand specification sheet.
- Setup jobs and continuously monitor the operation of machinery.
- Follow the required company SOP’s, Procedures and Health & Safety standards in order to maintain an efficient and safe working environment.
- Follow a cleaning routine in order to ensure proper maintenance of the equipment and longevity of the equipment.
- Fill out paperwork including line sheets, production sheets, quality reports and checklists.
- Ability to follow the daily production schedule and ensure products are correctly packaged within allotted time
- Communicate with associates to optimize machine line production efficiency and ensure safety
- Trouble-shoot minor problems; call maintenance when machine issues are more serious
- Immediately inform Lead-hands and Supervisor of problems on machine line
- Capable of proficiently changing film and labels
- Able to disassemble and reassemble equipment for pre-op
- Be aware of possible contamination, and safety hazards and alert Supervisor of any issues
- Ensure quality of products and packaging being produced on machine line meet Company standards by performing line checks and communicating with other departments and informing them of deficiencies
- Track and minimize waste to maintain a clean working environment
- Work in other production areas as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Ability to operate production equipment safely
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make judgment decisions based on activities in other departments
- Knowledge to perform continuous quality checks of product, looking for deviations
- Have the required HACCP knowledge for assigned station
- Ensure quality specifications are being met and proper documentation being filled out accurately
- Good hand / eye coordination
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to adapt and work in a continuously changing environment
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner
- Ability to focus on the task at hand
- Ability to work on weekends as required
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in packaging and/or a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Able to work well on a team and multitask in a fast pace environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
- Able to read, write, and speak English
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Operating mobile equipment
- Frequently standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, and twisting while operating machines
- Hearing protection and steel toe shoes required
- Cold environment, wet/slippery floor
- High noise area
- Maneuvering heavy objects, including lifting (floor to waist, waist to shoulders, and overhead) and carrying up to 25kg (approximately 4 to 6 hours a day)
- Comfortably able to perform repetitive motions using finger, wrist and shoulder joints
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!