Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
Our Power Engineer plays an important role on our Maintenance team with troubleshooting and providing preventative and corrective maintenance support to production lines and facilitating equipment change-over. The Power Engineer will operate, maintain and manage the equipment in the plant. The Power Engineer plays a key role in ensuring the facility runs at optimal production levels with minimal downtime. The role works in the areas of: pressurized systems, boilers, thermal engineering, ammonia systems, fluid mechanics, technical and basic instrumentation and industrial electronics. The Power Engineer is responsible for working together with the rest of the Maintenance team to complete new projects, work orders and follow a Preventive Maintenance Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, implement and troubleshoot new and existing manufacturing processes
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work-flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Monitor, maintain and repair systems and related equipment
- Respond quickly to production requests for maintenance support to ensure minimum downtime
- Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent reoccurrence to minimize down time
- Troubleshoot problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and control drawings
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups
- Works collaboratively with the Production and the rest of the Maintenance team to increase efficiency
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable WorkSafe BC regulation & complying with company policies
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process and/or procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good/safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by WorkSafe BC Regulation
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices
- Performs other duties or undertakes projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certification
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Power Engineer in a large manufacturing environment with ammonia systems
- Well-developed maintenance skill set
- Certified Red Seal Journeyman Millwright or Industrial Electrician is considered an asset
- Previous experience in food manufacturing facility an asset
- Welding ticket an asset
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work overtime and weekend hours if required
- Knowledge of SOPs, HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices in food industry an asset
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations
- Able to deal tactfully and efficiently with all enquiries
- Ability to interact with various departments
- Self-directed and motivated team player
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, showing high level of professionalism in written and verbal communications (English)
- Must have good computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Determination and confidence to ensure issues are resolved
- Excellent eye for detail
- Comfortable working in a production area (temperature, humidity, noise, etc)
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!