Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
A Lead Hand, Baker plays a key role in achieving business objectives by safely setting up and running our pizza line. The Baker Operator will be responsible for ensuring consistent high quality pizza dough and will be integral in ensuring the line runs smoothly and effectively. Other responsibilities involve assisting with changeover to different crusts, as well as our packaging machine. Our Baker Operators work as part of a team with changing responsibilities and ensure final products meet quality standards while minimizing waste.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bake mixed doughs and batters for various different pizza crust
- Adjust processing machine and equipment for various different styles of crust
- Maintain accurate production records, fill out paperwork including line sheets, production sheets, quality reports and checklists
- Setup jobs and continuously monitor the operation of machinery
- Follow the required company SOP’s, Procedures and Health & Safety standards to maintain an efficient and safe working environment
- Follow a cleaning routine to ensure proper maintenance of the equipment and longevity of the equipment
- Ability to follow the daily production schedule and ensure products are correctly packaged within allotted time
- Communicate with associates to optimize machine line production efficiency and ensure safety
- Trouble-shoot minor problems; call maintenance when machine issues are more serious
- Capable of proficiently changing film and labels
- Able to disassemble and reassemble equipment for pre-op
- Be aware of possible contamination, and safety hazards and alert Supervisor of any issues
- Ensure quality of products and packaging being produced on machine line meet Company standards by performing line checks and communicating with other departments and informing them of deficiencies
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 1-3 years of Experience in large volume bakery and/or a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Bakery Certificate and/or High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a cold environment (2°C), high nose area and stand on your feet for an extended time
- Ability to operate production equipment safely
- Ability to make judgment decisions based on activities in other departments and problem solve
- Able to work well on a team and multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items is occasionally required.
- Competitive compensation
- Quarterly KPI Bonus Program
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!