Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our vision, and our ability to make each other smile.
The Production Cook is responsible for cooking Daiya products according to the most current recipe and as per internal and external quality standards and to ensure yields are produced in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP requirements, and Customer Service priorities. This position is a critical role in our production process and the person filing this role must have a high level of ownership over their area of responsibility. All work must be performed with a high level of accuracy with great attention to detail in documenting all processes.
Shift time: 2:30 PM to 11 PM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure cooker is in proper working condition before the start of each cooking shift.
- Review cooking schedule against ingredients staged for use during shift to ensure proper ingredients have been distributed.
- Weigh ingredients and check labels from Pre-mix to ensure the quantity and ingredient is correct
- Follow safe work practices and procedures as per company policies and procedures and Work Safe BC regulations.
- Following food safety and quality standards as set out by company
- Cook and Cool required product according to standard cooking operating procedures as outlined in Daiya’s SOPs for cooking product.
- Carefully check that each empty hoop has been assembled properly and is ready to receive product.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow procedures, such as filling out appropriate paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, labeling products with the correct labels as issued by either QA or Production.
- Carefully label each filled hoop with batch number, product type and date of manufacture.
- Transfer filled hoops from cook room to WIP cooler according to proper standard operating procedure.
- Ensure that all paper work or data recording required by other departments is legibly and accurately filled out at the end of each shift and given to the proper department.
- Immediately inform maintenance staff, supervisor or plant manager of any difficulties incurred during cooking or cooling procedures.
- Ability to maintain a “clean as you go” work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High School and/or equivalent.
- At least one (1) years’ experience in food manufacturing and/or food production.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow SOP’s correctly for every batch
- Must be able to lift 10 – 22.5 kg and work in a wet and humid environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT DAIYA:
- Emotional intelligence – you possess the ability to manage emotions, as well as seek to understand the emotions of others around you.
- Growth mindset – you find opportunities and possibilities when challenged, embrace continuous learning, and constantly strives to grow and improve.
- Effective communication – you effectively listen, assess, and adjust your communication to align your intention and impact.
- Collaboration – you work with and through others to create great results for Daiya.
- Driving results – you take the initiative to find solutions, deliver results, maintain focus, and drive accountability.
- Service excellence – you understand and serve the needs of others (Daiyans, consumers, and our communities)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
At Daiya Foods, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment, one in which employees can bring their whole selves to work everyday. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our vision.
Daiya Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, religion, marital or family status, age and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. We endeavor to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!