DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
DailyPay is looking for a Director of Data Science to lead our experienced team of 2-4 Data Scientists and Machine Learning specialists to architect and build critical predictive, machine learning models to better understand our business, our revenue growth, and our long-term financial success. The Director of Data Science will be responsible for leading the development of internal and external data products that will be used cross-functionally inside the company (sales, marketing, operations, engineering, etc.) as well as within customer-facing data products.
The mission of the Data Team is critical for continuous development and success of our product, understanding the needs of our customers and partners, and maintaining DailyPay’s leading role in the early wage access industry -- and the Director of Data Science will be instrumental in helping to realize this vision for DailyPay.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Manage 2-4 data scientists and machine learning specialists on the DailyPay Data Team
- Establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals of the Data Science team
- Architect and build critical predictive, machine learning models to better understand our business and create long-term business value
- Derive insights about the usage, adoption and value of DailyPay products
- Develop models for data / time series validation, analysis, anomaly detection, and forecasting
- Design and implement predictive analytics platforms
- Produce data reports, analytics, metrics and dashboards for internal and external use
- Lead essential business modeling efforts including user growth
What You Bring to The Team:
- 4+ years of direct management experience
- 4+ years of Data Science and Machine Learning experience, including time series analysis, modeling and forecasting
- 2+ years of Python experience (Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebooks, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Sisense, or similar
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, and ETL tools like Fivetran or Stitch is a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- BS, MS or higher degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Knowledge in statistics is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay requires all colleagues in in-office positions be vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus unless there is a documented and approved medical or religious accommodation. As a condition of employment, prior to your start date, you will be required to complete an attestation of vaccination.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We welcome people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission*. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
*DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.