DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
Reporting to the Sr. VP of External Operations, the Director- Operations Development is responsible for running the evolution of DailyPay operations through the strategic planning process, operations performance monitoring and analysis.
This leader will work across different organizations of the company to project manage the key strategic initiatives affecting the operations team and to provide input into the development of new initiatives to enable team to better meet the needs of our partner employers and their employees.
- Project Management- project management for key operations strategic initiatives
- Reporting and Analysis- Oversee operations analysis and reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting- Manage forecasting of operations costs and performance results
- Product Development – partner with operations leadership team to analyse data from operations to determine product enhancements to improve efficiency and reliability. Work with the product development team to ensure that development projects provide the support needed for the operations strategic initiatives.
- Leadership Meetings- Chair the weekly operations leadership meetings
- Strategic Planning- lead the annual planning process for the operations team
How You Will Make an Impact:
This role requires a collaborative leader capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment as well as strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a matrixed business environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having the ability to make timely and difficult decisions. This role is accountable for enabling the operations team to achieve their strategic objectives by staying current on all major business initiatives and effectively communicating effectively across the business and enterprise at all levels.
Critical success factors include:
- A combination of business process, financial and strategic acumen as well as the ability to apply these skills with operations, product and technology.
- Being able to develop partnerships with many business and operational/functional areas, and lead through influence.
- Strategic operator who drives, and delivers, tactical results.
- Understanding of a complicated technical product and connect those to the business needs of our company and our customers is key.
What You Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business are highly preferred
- 7+ years of experience including significant experience in a business analysis and/or a strategic planning role
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation of complex ideas in a straight forward and understandable manner
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and form relationships within the business and business risk function
- Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role
- Strategic Leadership – creating and achieving a desired future state vision through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems
- Results oriented focus with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish business results
- Proven track record of being an inspirational leader; dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent - able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
- Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware
Nice to have:
- MBA or advanced degree in Finance, Information Technology or a related field.
- A strong working knowledge of current strategic payment issues/trends.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical ability to identify causes of operating performance trends
- Proven track record proactively managing and resolving conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Proven ability to influence and lead by gaining buy-in for an idea or vision and see that vision to successful execution. This includes being able to define stretch goals that are attainable and directly support business goals, and garner enthusiastic support across the organization to accomplish the goals.
- Able to think both critically and creatively to find opportunities to uniquely and effectively meet customer needs. Strong ability to assess market and competitive conditions and to develop creative, break-through approaches to serve customers.
- Demonstrated business strategic planning and execution leadership experience ensuring the organization, at all levels, and is aligned with the vision and objectives
- Obtains and uses data necessary to identify opportunities or understand problems; uses quantitative techniques to make it actionable
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.