DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
The API team
We exist to provide robust APIs and infrastructure that make it easier for DailyPay to build offerings that will delight our users and partners. The back-end systems connected to our APIs trust the system for access control, traffic management, security and accurate identification of users. With an outside-in approach, we shape the data to the size and format vital to ease app development and experiment with new offerings.
We are parents, pet lovers, programmers, campers, dressmakers and photographers, but we are united by a set of shared core values.
We work a lot in Ruby and GraphQL, and our ideal candidate has experience in one or both of these - or is a fast learner with a proven track record of picking up new technologies!
DailyPay is looking for talented and motivated engineers with 4+ years of experience as a professional software engineer. DailyPay engineers own entire features in our system. You'll influence the initial specs for the feature, build/modify the backend , write the front-end code to polish it up, and be responsible for ongoing improvements once the feature is deployed.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
You’ll work alongside team members to deliver a high quality product, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go. Along your journey to help us continue to build a great team and deliver real business value, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, evaluating and building robust, secure and performance API features and capabilities.
- Refining code, so it is secure and optimized for scalability, maintainability, and availability.
- Promoting good practices.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers on technical practices and principles.
- Partnering with product, clients and engineers to understand the broader view and requirements to optimally break down problems.
- Collaborating with the team on refinement of stories and tasks.
- Solving problems that are called out to the team.
What You Bring to The Team:
Intelligent, motivated and thoughtful? Keep reading.
A Senior Engineer on the API team should have the following:
- At least 4 years developing, maintaining, testing and scaling web applications in an MVC framework.
- Experience and knowledge of architecture patterns including APIs, microservices, streaming, security and observability.
- Organized and focused, you see the big picture when it comes to designing, planning and delivering a feature from start to finish, whether as a team or independently.
- Taking pride in your work, you have experience applying strategies to deliver with quality in mind.
- Critical eye and a curious nature, you are able to methodically dig into and resolve problems.
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
This is a team position, so you should be collaborative, kind and supportive. You enjoy helping others succeed and have developed your personal brand of mentorship. You are a learn-it-all, open to hearing other people’s ideas, feedback and approaches, but use your analytical skills to lead with questions.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.