Title: Legal Counsel
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
The Role: DailyPay is seeking a high-performing, collaborative, and enthusiastic attorney to provide transactional and legal support to DailyPay’s fast-growing business, focusing on commercial contracts and other corporate matters. The attorney will report directly to DailyPay’s General Counsel and will work closely with various DailyPay departments, including legal, compliance, policy, finance, product, and sales.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial and technology agreements, including master services, SaaS, licensing, vendor, confidentiality, and consulting agreements.
- Create and update DailyPay’s form templates and contracts.
- Ensure that DailyPay’s policies and procedures are followed and that all transaction documentation complies with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of a company-wide compliance program.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to senior management and other company stakeholders.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 2+ years of legal experience, including at a top law firm or in-house experience with a technology company.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial and technology agreements, including master services, SaaS, licensing, vendor, confidentiality, and consulting agreements.
- Superb interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage a high volume of work.
- Ability to move fast and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a growing team.
- Sound legal judgment, commercial awareness, and business acumen.
- Highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical judgment.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited, nationally recognized top law school and admission to the New York bar.
What DailyPay Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.