DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
DailyPay seeks a team member for its Public Affairs team under the Policy Department. We seek to hire someone who can assist in communications and public messaging / stakeholder engagement / relationship building, help manage the Company’s regulatory and legislative affairs, and work cross functionally to support the company and its regulatory and public affairs needs.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Identify and assist in the generation of stakeholder / NGO partnerships, including target identification, material / content creation, relationship building and management.
- Assist the Vice President of Public Policy in communicating DailyPay’s regulatory compliance program externally and internally.
- Help manage public policy and general awareness campaigns on specific issues / topics
- Draft and coordinate regulatory monitoring and compliance reports to business partners, senior management, and executive management.
- Track and document DailyPay’s regulatory compliance obligations in highly regulated, complex markets, including emerging policy / legislation.
- Write and develop thought leadership pieces on the topics of fintech regulation, consumer protection, consumer finance, payroll / HR and other topics.
- Work cross-functionally, prepare investigation materials, and assist with ad hoc special projects.
- Provide excellent service and support to internal consumers, such as the Sales Operations, Product, and Data Engineering, in preparing SME-specific responses to regulatory issues that arise, both in-person (verbally) and in writing.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all regulatory correspondence.
- Develop a working knowledge of federal and state compliance laws and regulations, including a proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems: payroll, HR / human capital management, wage & hour laws, consumer finance laws and tax laws, etc.
What You Bring to The Team:
- 5-8+ years of experience in a mix of communications, policy, public affairs, government relations, campaigns and/or general management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, organize information, and manage and meet deadlines.
- A high degree of professional integrity, maturity, ability to exercise appropriate discretion and maintain confidential data and information.
- Highly structured thinker with the ability to methodically break down complex issues
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Quantitative background / proficiency in data analysis
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
Bonus Points For:
- Prior experience working at a not-for-profit, especially in the space of consumer protection or financial rights.
- Prior experience in or with FinTech and/or payroll industry.
- Personal connection or passion for issues of financial wellness or consumer protection, particularly for low-income and disadvantaged communities.
- Legal industry experience (as a paralegal, attorney or otherwise)
- Experience with campaigns / campaign tools (phone2action, phone banking, etc.)
- Working knowledge of federal and state compliance laws and regulations, including a proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems. payroll, HR / human capital management, wage & hour laws, consumer finance laws and tax laws, etc.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.