About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a VP of Finance to join our growing Strategic Finance team. The Strategic Finance team at Daily Harvest prepares analyses, financial forecasts, and reporting packages to help drive key decision-making across the organization.
We are looking for an experienced VP of Finance to lead multiple aspects of strategic finance for the company. This person will drive and build sophisticated, scalable, and airtight budgeting, forecasting, and reporting frameworks and processes. They will collaborate with multiple teams including Data, Product, Performance Marketing, and more to understand the KPI’s and levers that drive revenue growth. This person will have robust experience leading long-term planning, from building out processes, and workstreams to partnering with cross-functional team members to include all key levers and focus areas. This person will be viewed as the expert for all financial reporting and key metrics and they will be able to simply and succinctly communicate key findings to both internal and external stakeholders. Finally, this individual will be a key player in corporate strategy initiatives, evaluating risk and opportunity, leading any fundraising, capital markets, and M&A Activity.
What you’ll do:
- Create, enrich and maintain financial models to support ROI based decision-making and inform key stakeholders across the organization of the financial implications of key business decisions
- Lead and evolve all facets of financial forecasting including annual budgeting, rolling reforecasting, and long range planning
- Evolve internal and external reporting content and processes, designing a framework that allows all stakeholders to understand relevant KPIs and business performance
- Partner with Data and Insights teams to provide key insights into performance and financial trends linking leading indicators in current business drivers to future strategy
- Drive growth and improvements in margin and profitability through effective business planning partnering with the leadership team to achieve overall alignment on goals
- Expand the Finance function to support new business initiatives building a high functioning and collaborative team that is central to organization
- Evaluate and implement tools, systems and processes to enhance financial planning effectiveness and efficiency
- Lead any future fundraising, capital markets and M&A activity
- Keep up with current market trends in relevant industries and bring this perspective into internal discussions
Who you are:
- A highly analytical and strategic thinker capable of deciphering trends through numbers and distilling and communicating complex information in a clear and concise manner
- 12+ years of finance experience with increasing responsibility
- Adaptable to change and able to quickly evolve how we operate in a high growth business
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with outstanding leadership + interpersonal skills
- A strong leader with a proven track record of managing large and diverse teams of both direct and indirect reports
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are willing to get deep into the weeds where needed
- A strong communicator who can easily communicate complex solutions cross functionally and to upper management
- Experience operating in a public company
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.