About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for an engineering leader to build the platform powering the Daily Harvest website, apps and other digital properties.
Experience Platform is a new initiative at Daily Harvest, and presents the opportunity to shape this from the early stages, working with a group of talented senior engineers. The mandate includes consolidating the business logic, building UX components, building shared libraries and more.
The right candidate for this role is able to craft the big picture, comfortable with ambiguity, someone who can chart their own path. Someone who is able to see the Platform as a Product - has a vision and can realize it through strategy, tactics, stakeholder alignment and execution. Instrumenting collaboration and defining success metrics are some of the critical skills for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Build an in-depth understanding of Daily Harvest’s stack, from the front-end all the way to the databases
- Build an in-depth understanding of the problem space. The shared goal of DH Engineering is to ship effectively. To enable that, what does the Platform need to be?
- In collaboration with the engineering team, articulate and evangelize the vision for the Platform
- Help define the specific goals for the Platform, the metrics to measure success and the steps to go after the metrics
- Effectively prioritize to continually optimize for impact
- Build relationships with the stakeholders and be in a position to assist the team in ensuring the conditions for success
- Provide mentorship and be in charge of the careers growth for the engineers and other leaders on the team
Who you are:
- Education, training or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- Understand service-oriented architectures and React micro frontend architecture
- 10+ years of professional experience with software development
- 3+ years experience of people management
- Experience with various collaboration models within sizable orgs, like inner-sourcing and away teams
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, TypeScript, Jest, storybook, Redux and redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development and Agile software solutions like Shortcut, JIRA
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.