About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, enable smarter business decisions, and drive innovations company-wide. You will build sophisticated data products and develop machine learning models that strengthen our competitive advantage.
In this role, you’ll work with a modern data stack including GCP / Bigquery, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow and Segment. You’ll analyze tough problems, build models that enable high-quality decision making, and ship products that enable a personalized, frictionless customer experience. This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders across the business to understand our strategy and desired customer experience, then deliver high-impact data products that bring our strategy to life
- Develop APIs and libraries to deliver machine learning models in production
- Build infrastructure for end-to-end model development (training, versioning, monitoring, etc.)
- Help build bandit infrastructure from logging to training to serving to increase our capacity for experimentation
- Maintain and refine our existing recommendations engine to support our rapidly evolving personalization strategy
- Communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Ship data products to production by working closely with our partners in software engineering and data engineering
Who you are:
- Strong Python and SQL background and familiarity with ML frameworks (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience with microservice based architecture, preferably with GCP tooling (GKE, Kubeflow, Cloud Build, Memorystore, BigTable, etc.)
- Experience in software engineering best practices and tools including object oriented programming, test-driven development, CI/CD, git, shell scripting, task orchestration
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining scalable machine learning systems in production environments
- Foundational knowledge of ML in at least one of these areas: recommender systems, supervised learning, or deep learning
- Experience with multi-armed bandit problem space is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company is a plus
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.