About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is seeking a passionate, charismatic Shift Lead to join our first-ever IRL team in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. Our Shift Lead will be a key player in delivering on our mission in real life, and will act as a link to our Chicago-area community. This person will be responsible for supporting our local team of Daily Harvest experts and supporting the fast-paced, day-to-day store operations, as well as training and coaching our team to uphold high standards of service and cleanliness. You’ll also help to refine and perfect our customer experience and FOH/BOH SOPs. We are looking for a high performing individual who goes above and beyond to get the job done and is enthusiastic about revolutionizing the ways we consume fruits and vegetables.
What you’ll do:
- Train and motivate top talent
- Be a Coach, Leader, and Problem-Solver to support and retain a motivated front and back-of-house team
- Set the example for world-class customer service, create a welcoming, positive environment for customers and team members
- Train and develop a passionate team of Daily Harvest ambassadors, in addition to guiding future leaders
- Lead daily store operations
- Oversee inventory and replenishment process with acute attention to detail
- Manage all aspects of kitchen operations
- Maintain a flawless store environment
- Uphold standards for scheduling, cash handling, food safety, and security
- Help refine FOH and BOH SOPs to reflect needs of the business
- Leverage strengths in sales and customer experience
- Maintain a customer-centric culture that consistently delivers WOW
- Be the face of Daily Harvest to inspire and delight our customers
- Develop expert knowledge of the brand mission and our food
- Community Building
- Partner with Manager and HQ team on community-building activations and events hosted in-store
- Partner with local like-minded brands on traffic driving activations
- Owner and driver of relationships and activations in the local market, focused on building community
Who you are:
- Prior experience: 3+ years of store leadership experience, food service experience, comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You are an analytical thinker with a proven track record of data-driven problem solving
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours/day and can lift 40 lbs. Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Experience in store openings, including onboarding and training a new team
- Technology: comfortable using Google apps and operating a mobile POS system, as well as other relevant tools and systems
- A key contributor to new processes with a desire to innovate
- Attributes: problem-solver, adaptable, coach, organized
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.