About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, enable smarter business decisions, and drive innovations company-wide. You will build sophisticated data products and develop machine learning models that strengthen our competitive advantage.
In this role, you’ll work with a modern data stack including GCP / Bigquery, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow and Segment. You’ll analyze tough problems, build models that enable high-quality decision making, and ship products that enable a personalized, frictionless customer experience. This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders across the business to understand our strategy and desired customer experience, then deliver high-impact data products, machine learning models, and analyses that bring our strategy to life
- Work directly with our finance and marketing teams to identify, research, advise, implement and refine approaches to impactful business problems such as LTV and churn prediction, demand forecasting, user behavior modeling, attribution modeling, causal inference, and more by leveraging our rich internal dataset (customer preferences, order behavior, feedback and engagement data) and external data sources
- Take end-to-end ownership of problem domains and continuously improve upon data science solutions: build relationships with partner teams, frame ambiguous questions in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported approach, understand and define key business metrics, collect and analyze data, and design and implement machine learning algorithms
- Communicate effectively with non-technical cross-functional partners
- Write production-level code to turn machine learning models into working production pipelines
- Ship data products to production by working closely with ML engineers and data engineers
Who you are:
- 3+ years of industry experience in data science or machine learning focused roles
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related quantitative discipline -- PhD a plus
- Extensive statistical experience, including model development and evaluation, experimentation and inference (specific areas of highly relevant experience include forecasting, causal inference, operations research and optimization)
- Strong Python and SQL background
- Experience developing data pipelines: data warehouse management, ETL and development of scalable analytics schemas
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices and tools including object oriented programming, test-driven development, CI/CD, git, shell scripting, task orchestration and preferably GCP tooling (BigQuery, Kubeflow, GKE, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, including data visualization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company is preferred
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.