About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Head of Business Development/Strategic Partnerships to join the Channel Development team and play a critical role in building future business plans with existing partners, and forging new relationships through strategic discussions and negotiations with key players across multiple industries. The Channel Development team is responsible for executing strategies that enable us to meet our customers where they need us to be. We ideate, test new initiatives, and scale strategies based on findings all with the goal of being omnipresent.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurially-minded self-starter who thrives on solving problems, possesses the desire to learn in a fast-paced environment, and celebrates the wins (big and small). Interested candidates should work well in a flat and fluid organization, and excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines. You will hit the ground running and expect to make a direct and measurable impact on the business from day one, fueled by your passion and experience in the health, wellness, nutrition and healthcare space.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of Daily Harvest’s long-term strategy, value proposition and holistic customer journey, and use this to identify and execute strategic opportunities to grow our business
- Stay current with food industry trends, competitors, and insights to identify where Daily Harvest’s unique value proposition fits into the overall landscape
- Nurture and build relationships with existing prospects and partners, taking the lead on finalizing deals already in the pipeline
- Work highly autonomously to prospect new partners, make strategic connections, develop and execute tailored strategies to drive revenue growth
- Negotiate, close, sign and manage new partnerships
- Partner cross-functionally to identify KPIs, partnership or program measurement and reporting, marketing plans, briefs and creative, etc.
- Establish meticulous systems and processes to ensure operational excellence in our business development function, including detailed tracking, capturing institutional knowledge, and ensuring a premium partner experience in every interaction with Daily Harvest
Who you are:
- 6+ years experience with a proven track record in business development and strategic partnerships
- Experience negotiating contracts and structuring agreements
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships, and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate and present our value proposition to target strategic partners
- Strong research skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to learn about prospective partners or our industry
- Experience with prospecting and closing new business and interfacing with senior-level decision makers
- Ability to recognize opportunities that deliver exceptional value and systematically prioritize target partners
- Collaborative leader with excellent communication and presentation skills, including developing compelling, data-driven pitch decks
- Ability to gather and leverage data to develop compelling strategies, then bring a plan to fruition with seamless execution and attention to detail
- A creative problem solver, passionate about building solutions from the ground up to solve real-world problems
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary, with experience and capability to work in a highly autonomous environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly happy hours, + regular DH team (virtual) gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.