About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Food Safety + Quality Manager to join our Innovation + Operations team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate and bring our food to life. We source ingredients and build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, and instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, and our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries and a perfect experience for our customers.
The Daily Harvest FSQ Manager is charged with ensuring compliance to Daily Harvest’s food safety and quality expectations of our external partners and driving continuous improvement efforts that are critical to the strategy and growth of Daily Harvest. This position will require a fully cross functional approach to effectively manage relationships with both internal and external partners to Daily Harvest.
We are looking for someone who will bring relevant experience in Quality and Food Safety, possesses strong organizational and technical skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, consumer-centric organization. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a passion for teamwork, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and the ability to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business.
What you’ll do:
- Manage external partners to ensure compliance with Daily Harvest food safety and quality requirements.
- Manage the review and release of finished goods.
- Work with manufacturing partners to ensure all raw materials meet Daily Harvest specifications.
- Develop a data driven approach to identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage the Daily Harvest manufacturing quality scorecard.
- Work with the Food Safety team to qualify new manufacturing locations.
- Oversee the product commissioning program at the manufacturing level.
- Routinely audit the food safety program and records at manufacturing partners.
- Occasionally travel to raw material suppliers to work on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implement and strengthen programs and written procedures related to food safety.
- Stay current on all FSMA related regulatory requirements
- Maintain highly effective relationships with the Procurement, Operations, and Culinary R&D teams to ensure open, clear communications.
- Other responsibilities/duties as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) food science, microbiology, biology, chemistry, nutrition
- or related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years of technical food safety experience required. Includes knowledge of food product development, food safety, quality assurance, and microbiology.
- Understanding of manufacturing and supply chain key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of FDA and FSMA regulations as they relate to ready-to-eat foods.
- Experience in quality assurance; areas of experience include HACCP, CCP, GMP’s, hygienic design/zoning, GFSI
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Ability to conduct food safety risk assessments and identify process controls to address risks.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to present meaningful data in routine reports.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary.
- Ability to distill large volumes of disparate information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, and interpersonal skills, effective at all levels.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with R&D, Procurement, and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications and systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed, 15-30% of the time.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.