About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Digital Product team. The Digital Product team develops experiences and tools that delight our customers and fuel growth. We work in cross-functional "squads" to bring our mission, brand, and values to life online.
As a Daily Harvest Senior Product Manager leading our Platform team, you will work closely with our VP of Product, data team, and our engineering leaders to define and build the future of our technology platform and infrastructure. You will sit at the intersection of technical strategy, architecture, and engineering in a unique position for a technically adept and analytical product thinker. You will form a deep understanding of our software development processes, our technology infrastructure, and our custom subscription e-commerce platform in order to meet the demands of our scale and improve developer productivity.
Daily Harvest is on a mission to ensure that our customers have easy access to the type of nourishing food they need and want to be eating, but don’t have time to prepare. You’ll help us bring our vision of a personalized, self-replenishing freezer to life at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the product manager for a squad of engineers and analysts tasked with developing best-in-class technology infrastructure, data models, and backend services
- Participate in strategic planning, create product roadmaps that can bring our vision to life, and set quarterly OKRs to measure progress along the way
- Work closely with engineering leadership on technical decisions about architecture, build vs. buy explorations and re-factoring/re-platforming strategies
- Build a strong understanding of our current customer experience and our long-term vision and bring this customer perspective to conversations about technical implementations and infrastructure
- Interview stakeholders, create visuals that document our core processes, identify opportunities for optimization, and define product requirements for core systems
- Effectively manage projects with an emphasis on delivering incremental value, creating transparency across the organization, and keeping teams aligned
- Communicate complex topics to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise way
Who you are:
- A Product Manager with 5+ years of total experience managing technical products OR an engineer with a track record of strong leadership and communication skills and a desire to transition into a product role.
- If you’re really excited about the opportunity and think you could succeed in the role, don’t let that number prevent you from applying.
- Detail and process-oriented, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture and challenge the traditional path
- You have experience with at least one of the following: transitioning a monolithic platform toward a more service-oriented design, managing complex data migrations, or implementing core services
- Possess internal and external team leadership skills and are able to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems and are able to see other points of view, while maintaining a confident direction
- Passionate about the future of e-commerce
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.