About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a User Experience Copywriter to join our Digital Product team.The Digital Product team develops experiences and tools that delight our customers and fuel growth. We work in cross-functional "squads" to bring our mission, brand, and values to life online.
The User Experience Copywriter will work closely with our VP of Product, Director of Design, and our leaders in Brand and Creative to define the future of our customer experience. The Digital Product team at Daily Harvest is on a mission to ensure that our customers have easy access to the type of nourishing food they need and want to be eating, but don’t have time to prepare. You’ll help us bring our vision of a personalized, self-replenishing freezer to life.
What you’ll do:
- Define the content strategy in partnership with Brand for end-to-end digital product experiences and write concise, action-oriented copy. You’ll make content decisions based on qualitative insights, quantitative data, our voice/tone, and the vision for our larger brand narrative.
- Drive a cohesive brand story and voice across all digital touch-points, translating brand and creative decisions into a product context in a thoughtful and appropriate manner
- Understand user needs and mindsets across digital platforms and channels. You’ll grow your first-hand knowledge of our customer segments and behaviors and advocate for the customer throughout the product development process.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, and copywriters to deliver compelling UX solutions. You’ll frequently present your work in critique sessions and reviews and speak to your decisions.
- Build a strong relationship with partners in brand, creative, and merchandising. You’ll be the copy point-person between Creative, Brand, and Product.
- Document evolving content and brand standards for UX experiences that allows our teams to move and build new experiences quickly
- Outline copy accessibility standards and ensure all digital channels adhere to these standards - frequently performing audits and writing updates
- Proactively resolve problems and roadblocks in order to keep workflow on schedule
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2-5 years of experience writing and editing copy for web and mobile experiences, ideally for a consumer-facing product
- Can quickly build a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and mindsets
- Demonstrated project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities
- Can develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Able to listen, accept feedback, and thoughtfully defend decisions when necessary.
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems and are able to see other points of view, while maintaining a confident direction. Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Appreciates a quirky sense of humor
- A passion for good, healthy food - but not afraid to celebrate with a big slice of cake
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.