About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking,
We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
The Engineering team is seeks a Lead Software Engineer to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a lead member of our software engineering team, you’ll step into an entry level management position and lead one of our talented development squads to ship the code that powers our entire business -- from robust microservices, to code that interfaces with our shipping providers, to inventory and operations management at scale. You’ll be joining a team of talented and highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do:
- Design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to lead the technical design and ownership of projects with major company impact.
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key product features.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the software development lifecycle and processes
- Scale by delegating effectively; ensures tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging.
- Make independent decisions for the team.
- Contribute to the career development of others; meeting regularly with direct reports, providing frequent feedback on their work, help individuals set goals to ensure employee growth and retention goals
Who you are:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience with software development
- 5+ yrs experience with Python
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores, caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache) and messaging/queuing protocols/systems such as Kafka/AMQP/RabbitMQ/SQS
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, and their associated technologies
- Experience with Agile software development and JIRA
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.