About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers’ doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking, we’re constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is seeking Taste Guides to join the Channel Development team. The Channel Development team is responsible for executing strategies that enable us to meet our customers where they need us to be. The Channel Development team ideates, tests new initiatives, and scales strategies based on findings all with the goal of being omnipresent.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Taste Guide to bring our mission and community to life at our first-ever brick and mortar location in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago! Our Taste Guides are at the center of our offline experience, acting as experts on our collections. We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about connecting with people and building authentic relationships with our customers. Our Guides are passionate about fruits and veggies and seek to help people discover our chef-crafted recipes in a way that works for their routine They exude positivity and take care of our customers in an environment that celebrates the Daily Harvest mission: We take care of food so food can take care of you.
What you’ll do:
- Bring the Daily Harvest brand to life! Engage with the Daily Harvest community and serve as the primary resource for all customers
- Be a Daily Harvest expert; you will work with guests to learn about their preferences and make thoughtful food recommendations
- Foster a warm community with customers and colleagues alike
- Work with your store leaders to set and achieve goals, make suggestions, and implement feedback all while maintaining a positive outlook
- Place orders on our point of sale system with accuracy and ensure customers receive their orders with efficiency and service in mind
- Maintain a clean and delightful store environment by upholding Daily Harvest SOPs
Who you are:
- Hospitality or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Ability to work 2 weekdays and 2 weekend days per week including holidays, but dependent on business needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Existing Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire for the state you will be working in
- Ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours/day wearing an approved uniform and can lift up to 40 lbs
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Experience in store openings, including on-boarding and training a new team
- Technology: comfortable using Google apps and operating a mobile POS system, as well as other relevant tools and systems
- Eager to learn and a desire to develop your skills
- Proficient with technology and point of sale systems
- Entrepreneurial-spirit and can be adaptable/nimble in a start-up environment
- Courageous, open-minded, and goal-oriented
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.