Our Chief of Staff will play a critical role in enabling communication, collaboration, and strategy execution across the company. This position is the right hand to our Founder and CEO.
In this role you will work closely with our leadership team to execute our business strategy. You should be capable of holding leaders accountable for business goals, artfully articulating our mission and vision, and be a sharp critical thinker who can solve business issues. You will develop a deep understanding of the critical success factors of a high-growth startup and gain experience scaling organizations.
What you’ll do:
- Support the CEO in organizing inspiring and informative All Hands meetings to share important business information to the company as well as engage and boost team morale.
- Design and develop presentations and speaking points for internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with the CEO’s EA to organize discussion points, to-dos, follow-ups and draft thoughtful correspondence.
- Organize, facilitate and evolve weekly leadership meetings to encourage productive dialogue and discussion.
- Provide decision support by working with leadership to distill and organize recommendations for CEO approval (anticipate requests for additional information, support with additional research or information analysis and surface key takeaways to ensure content is presented in a digestible format).
- Support in strategy execution by creating agendas, materials and logistics for monthly cross-functional meetings and quarterly strategic planning offsites, meeting regularly with team leads to develop and track progress against goals, and flagging projects or goals requiring resources and attention.
Who you are:
- Ability to build trust with executives and internal / external stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner.
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see the "big picture" and to prioritize.
- Executive presence.
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity and bias for action.
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and his/her direct staff.
Required skills & experience:
- 5+ years’ experience (strategy consulting or brand strategy preferred)
- Proven track record of working closely with C-suite/VP-level management while also influencing across multiple levels and functions of an organization
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple projects successfully
- Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.