About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking,
We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, smarter business decisions, and efficiencies company-wide. We do this by providing accurate, actionable analyses, building sophisticated data science products, and by maintaining a reliable data infrastructure.
The Data team is looking for a machine learning expert who is passionate about furthering our mission of taking care of food. As a member of the Data Team at Daily Harvest you will build sophisticated machine learning products and help empower critical business decisions. You'll work in a modern data stack including GCP/BigQuery and Python that sits on top of our rich dataset. You'll research, build, and put machine learning-driven products into production. All while enjoying tasty smoothies, soups, and bowls!
Some of the impactful projects the team has put into production include real-time recommendations, a marketing attribution model, an NLP-driven engine that produces insights from raw text data, and LTV/churn predictions. The ideal candidate will collaborate with stakeholders to continue to pinpoint and build high-value products.
What you'll do:
- Work within our modern data+tech stack to research, develop, and put sophisticated machine learning projects into production
- Collaborate closely with digital product, culinary, finance, engineering, and marketing to make a huge impact on every aspect of the business
- Partner with the insights team to become an expert in our business and industry
- Balance software engineering and rapid prototyping to move at a fast pace with quality
- Be a technical leader to help set best practices for the entire data science team
Who you are:
- There is no minimum education requirement, but this role will require industry experience in software engineering and machine learning
- Strong Python and SQL background
- Experience digging deep into and grokking complex datasets
- 3+ years of experience building machine learning models and putting them into production
- Understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), and how software scales
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
Good to Have:
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.