Daily Harvest is a a direct to consumer brand revolutionizing the way we consume fruits and vegetables to solve a modern eating dilemma: the desire for convenience without nutritional compromise. We deliver single-serve cups of frozen ingredients (organic, whole ingredients and superfoods, with no preservatives or added sweeteners) that can be turned into crave-worthy eats in just seconds.
We are looking for a machine learning expert who is passionate about furthering this mission. As a member of the Data Team at Daily Harvest, you will help empower critical business decisions and build sophisticated machine learning products. You’ll work in a modern data science stack including GCP/Bigquery and Python that sits on top of our rich dataset. You’ll find and explain insights to the rest of the company, and help plan, build, and put machine learning-driven products into production. All while enjoying tasty smoothies, soups, and bowls!
This role works closely with every part of the company, including marketing, digital product, engineering, finance, and the culinary team. Some of the impactful projects the team has put into production include a marketing attribution model, LTV/churn predictions, real-time recommendations, and data-driven customer segmentation. You will use a strategic, product-minded focus to continue pinpointing impactful projects and research areas to dig into.
Who you are:
- There is no minimum education requirement, but this role will require industry experience in software engineering and machine learning.
- Strong Python and SQL background.
- Experience digging deep into and grokking complex datasets.
- Experience building machine learning models and putting them into production.
- Understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), and how software scales.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
Good to Have:
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.