Daily Harvest seeks a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our team, you’ll audit, develop, and execute automated tests to ensure the quality of our software platform. You’ll work with software and DevOps engineers to build a comprehensive automated test suite that is applied to all code before it is released to production. You’ll be joining a team of talented and highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do
- Test new features before they are released, working closely with software engineers to ensure quality.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify software system requirements.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases to ensure quality for all releases.
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Triage and manage incoming bug reports by reproducing and managing priority in our task tracker.
- Work with the QA team to develop a comprehensive QA testing strategy, determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (UI, web service API, functional/performance/load, and so on).
- You will educate Engineering and Product on testing and QA; partner with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
Who you are
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years industry experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development and JIRA.
- Dedication to quality and process improvement with a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
- Strong QA project leadership experience
What would really make you stand out
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Cypressio, Katalon, Selenium, or similar tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows and macOS, all major web browsers, and iOS and Android mobile devices. Linux knowledge is a plus.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.