Daily Harvest seeks a Senior Software Engineer to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll craft and ship the code that powers our entire business -- from user-facing web experience, to code that interfaces with our RESTful API services. You’ll be joining a team of talented and highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do
- Design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to contribute to the technical design and ownership of projects with major company impact.
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key product features
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the software development lifecycle and processes
Who you are
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience with software development
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, Flow, Jest, storybook, Redux and redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development and JIRA
What would really make you stand out
- Experience with Python, Java, or equivalent high level programming language
- Strong continuous integration and continuous delivery experience
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, Git, and CI Pipelines
- Experience building/leveraging RESTful APIs and services at scale
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.