Daily Harvest seeks a Senior Software Engineer, fluent in React Native / Mobile App Development, to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll craft and ship the code that powers our entire business -- from user-facing UI, to code that interfaces with our shipping providers, to inventory and operations management at scale. You’ll be joining a team of talented and highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do
- Work with the team that is responsible for expanding the Daily Harvest ecosystem for Mobile platforms.
- Implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with designers, product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team.
Who you are
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience with software development
- 3+ years of experience with React Native
- Experience delivering a production application with React Native
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, Flow, Jest, storybook, Redux and redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development and JIRA
What would really make you stand out
- Native development experience (Swift or Kotlin)
- Strong continuous integration and continuous delivery experience
- Expert understanding of app analytics, debugging & monitoring tools, concurrency & multithreading, networking and push notifications
- You actively follow and/or contribute to the React Native or general open source community
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.