Daily Harvest is seeking a teammate to manage our forecasting processes, refining models based on subscriber engagement, purchasing trends, seasonality, taste preferences, and other subscriber behavior. Our Associate will be an Excel ninja, managing and manipulating complex data sets while interpreting and modeling consumer behavior. Additionally, they will manage end-to-end inventory planning, balancing network demands against supply chain constraints. This person will work closely with our product, operations, marketing, finance, and data teams to evaluate and understand the impact of strategic business decisions and supply constraints on demand. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured, and hyper-growth environment.
What you'll do:
- Manage all forecasting models (including daily subscriber acquisition, weekly box orders, and SKU-level demand). Communicate updates to Daily Harvest procurement, product, and operations teams and lead analyses on potential impacts to supply chain
- Partner with Daily Harvest’s marketing team to understand how brand campaigns, press releases, and product launches affect our weekly demand
- Work alongside our consumer insights and data analytics team to model the impact of seasonality and shifts in consumer preferences
- Communicate complex forecasting concepts to a wide variety of audiences to develop consensus on forecasting models and associated impacts to the business
- Translate forecasts for all finished goods into a rough-cut production plan and work with manufacturing network to convert rough-cut plan into a finite schedule
- Monitor finite production schedule and communicate production plan exceptions to affected parties. Work closely with manufacturing partners to develop remediation plans
- Liaise with Daily Harvest’s innovation team and supply chain network to ensure new products launch on time, within budget, and with high quality
- Understand manufacturing partners’ constraints and work with them to execute production plans to benefit both parties
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of financial modeling and/or data analytics experience preferred. Prior work in startups, investment banking, management consulting, or CPG forecasting a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required for this role
- Exceptional project management, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize many tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to work in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.