Daily Harvest is looking for a highly creative and well rounded Junior Art Director to join our in-house creative team. This role will sit under and support our Photo Art Director on executing photo and video shoots with an emphasis on pre- and post-production. The right candidate has a high taste level, is passionate about still-life photography, and brings a wealth of innovative ideas for how to tell compelling visual stories across a variety of platforms. Day to day responsibilities will include: finding visual swipe and building concept decks; researching talent such as photographers, videographers, and stylists; building shot lists and supporting the team on set; designing mockups post-shoot, and marking up images for retouching. Given the intensity and speed of our workflow, the candidate must be an ambitious self-starter with a can-do mentality. We are looking for someone who brings a deep understanding of the marketing and social media landscape—including relevant brands, industry trends, and visual best practices.
What you'll do:
- Pull visual swipe to support Photo Art Director in building out concept decks for shoots
- Create shot lists for shoots and work closely with the in-house production team to make sure all details are accounted for
- Support Photo Art Director on set during photo and video shoots
- Partner closely with the Social Media team to help produce stellar “B Roll” content that feels brand-right and platform-specific
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and product teams to align on project deliverables and gain a clear understanding of the strategy associated with a given shoot or project
- Research photographers, videographers, and editors to collaborate with
- Research locations and studios for shoots
- Help research voice actors for video shoots requiring VO
- Mark-up images post-shoot and work closely with our in-house retoucher
- Design mockups that show imagery in the context of campaigns/emails/web/social
- Support the B2B team with physical setups for presentations and pop-ups
- Streamlined processes and identify process pain points
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of on set art direction experience, in a lead or support role
- You are incredibly creative and able to come up with a bounty of original ideas in a short period of time
- You have a refined eye and very high taste level
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strategic thinker who can translate marketing insights and strategy into visual execution
- Demonstrated project management and problem solving skills—including streamlining processes and workflow
- Expert knowledge of the social media and brand marketing landscape
- Proven ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities and complete responsibilities in a fast paced, change-oriented environment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary.
- A passion for good, healthy food - but not afraid to celebrate with a big slice of cake
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.