Daily Harvest seeks an experienced software engineer to help build the future of frozen food delivery. As a member of our team, you’ll architect, craft, and ship code that drives our entire business: from managing customer subscriptions and billing orders to powering logistics and operations at scale. You’ll be joining a small team of bright engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and test the Daily Harvest core software stack
- Deliver both user-facing and backend improvements that optimize the DH experience
- Work within a product team to ship well-tested features & enhancements to production
- Help define the next generation of Daily Harvest’s API, mobile app, and website software stacks
- Contribute an RFC (Request for Comments) proposal that improves our team's culture, processes, or architecture
- Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity
Who you are:
- Relational database experience required for backend work
- Experience in a cloud-native environment (GoogleCloud, AWS, Azure)
- Experience in modern web architecture and familiar with challenges
- Experience with modern software development practices (git, CI, automated testing)
What would really make you stand out:
- Experience with scaling up production applications and databases
- Experience in the Python ecosystem (Flask, Django, SqlAlchemy, PeeWee)
- Can navigate buy vs build decisions
- Having experience with asynchronous job queues
- Having React Native programming experience, with iOS and Android native skills a big plus
- Ability to easily tackle front end challenges
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.