At Daily Harvest, we aim to create the best experience for our customers. This involves everything from traceability - farm to freezer, to creating a digital community and ecosystem, to modernizing supply chain processes, to making complex order and fulfillment scenarios seamless. This is about quality!
To continue in this quest, we are currently seeking an ambitious VP of Engineering to develop and manage our engineering team. You’ll partner with the Executive Team and other leaders in the organization to help lead the company’s strategic direction, development, and growth.
- Experience in ecommerce: fluent in thinking about topics like customer segmentation, unit economics, retention, marketing costs, etc.
- Extensive experience integrating hosted solutions, tools, and vendors
- Strong point of view about the best way to collaborate with leaders in Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Product
- Proven ability to build and lead technical processes
- Comfortable with productive disagreement and not conflict avoidant
- Understanding of when to Build vs. Buy
- Has supervised teams of 15-30
- You will have experience recruiting and building diverse engineering teams.
- Worked at great companies in leadership roles, and have seen what success looks like.
- Been consistently promoted up the chain of responsibility
- Built and delivered products that have scaled in the marketplace.
- Are comfortable taking risks, as well as making mistakes, and are humble enough to discuss them
- You will have experience (and enjoy!) speaking/networking to help build the brand of the company and product.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, overnight oats, chia puddings, harvest bowls, and lattes
- A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation days with a “get your work done” policy that respects your time
- Lots of responsibility!
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.