The Director of Finance & Strategy will be responsible for managing our strategic finance initiatives across financial operations, corporate development, strategic financial analysis, and corporate strategy. The role will report to our CFO and will work closely with all leadership across the organization. Successful candidates will be ambitious, energetic, analytical self-starters, with strong leadership skills. The ability to support critical decision-making with either fast back-of-the-envelope analyses or more robust intensive evaluations will be key in this role. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration, white-boarding and brainstorming through complex issues, and the development of robust financial analyses to help guide decision-making across the organization. Candidates will have the judgement and maturity to communicate proactively around challenges, and key decisions, and will be skilled at managing competing priorities. Most importantly, ideal candidates will be excited to get their hands dirty across a wide range of projects because they believe in the company vision, and want to be a part of the fun and challenge of steering Daily Harvest through its next chapter of growth.
- Partner cross-functionally to encourage and instill ROI-driven decision making across the organization
- Lead weekly KPI meetings with key stakeholders across the org to discuss progress against performance goals, identifying company strengths and opportunities
- Solve complex business problems cross-functionally through the use of analytics and business judgment in partnering with stakeholders in other areas of the organization to drive effective decision-making
- Support the structuring of key business development and supply chain arrangements
- Lead the company’s short and long term operational and financial forecasting including development of DH’s annual budget and ongoing forecasting
- Support in capital raising activities leading all due diligence efforts
- Evaluate and size various markets to inform business expansion opportunities
- Evaluate and support on a wide range of business opportunities including M&A, investments and other strategic options
- 7+ years of experience including investment banking or private equity with 1+ years at a fast-growing company
- Superior analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities
- Exceptional project and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.