The Sourcing Coordinator will support ongoing operations and new product launches. This position will work closely with the Product Development, Quality, and Sourcing teams to ensure all information is available in a timely manner so that finished product will be produced on time and new product launches will be successfully executed.
What you'll do:
- Work with suppliers of raw materials to ensure all material information is available for QA review and approval.
- Request material samples from suppliers in response to requests from the Sourcing and Product Development teams.
- Responsible for gathering information from suppliers and manufacturing sites and communicating updates and status to all teams.
- Provide support to the Sourcing Managers on raw material information requests or availability concerns.
- Support reformulation initiatives.
- Support QA continuous improvement efforts and ongoing supplier management using our Quality Management System.
- Specification updates, including responsibility for providing input on physical characteristics of ingredients.
- Develop vendor scorecard format and track/monitor ongoing vendor performance.
- Issue rolling forecasts for ingredient vendors.
- Contract management (tracking contract expiration dates, ensuring all contract documentation is organized).
- Updating documentation packages for manufacturing sites (approved vendor lists, new/updated ingredient specifications, etc.).
- Assist with administrative tasks as required to meet the demands of the Sourcing team and facilitate growth of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Sourcing.
Who you are:
- Four year degree required. Background in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience in food manufacturing, preferably in supply chain or operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) and in an engaging manner with colleagues of various levels of experience and management.
- Strong analytical skills using Excel and data management tools.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities with minimal supervision. Uses time efficiently.
- Highly adaptable and flexible. Able to manage competing demands, deal with frequent change and unexpected events.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work
- Bias for action and drive to produce results.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Product Development, Sourcing, Manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Highly effective ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence and network with a wide range of diverse groups, including senior leadership, management, and vendors.
- High level proficiency in computer applications and systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, overnight oats, and chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing, food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.