The Daily Harvest Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for managing raw material quality and food safety by partnering with Procurement, R&D and Manufacturing Operations to ensure all materials meet or exceed quality standards and regulatory requirements. The Supplier Quality Manager will focus on the following key areas: (1) Supplier approval; (2) raw material specification development; (3) driving raw material continuous improvement.
We are looking for someone who will bring relevant experience in Quality and Food Safety, possesses strong organizational and technical skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, consumer-centric organization. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a passion for teamwork, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and being able to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business.
- Review supplier documentation to ensure compliance with Daily Harvest requirements.
- Conduct quality and food safety audits to qualify new vendors.
- Assess new raw materials for risk based on the Daily Harvest risk based assessment tool.
- Perform and document hazard assessments on materials.
- Partner with R&D and Procurement to develop new raw material specification.
- Partner with raw material vendors to conduct root cause analysis investigations and corrective action implementation for any raw material non-conformances.
- Ensure that all supplier COA’s conform to Daily Harvest requirements.
- Manage the Daily Harvest supplier quality scorecard.
- Implement and strengthen programs and written procedures related to raw material quality.
- Act as the main point of contact with 3rd party laboratories for ingredient testing.
- Stay current on all all FSMA ingredient related regulatory requirements
- Maintain highly effective relationships with the Procurement, Operations, and R&D teams to ensure open, clear communications.
- Other responsibilities/duties as required
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) food science, microbiology, biology, chemistry, nutrition
- or related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in raw material quality and food safety.
- Understanding of manufacturing and supply chain key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of FDA and FSMA regulations as they relate to ready-to-eat foods.
- Experience in quality assurance; areas of experience include HACCP, CCP, GMP’s, hygienic design/zoning, GFSI
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary
- Ability to distill large volumes of disparate information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, and interpersonal skills, effective at all levels.
- Ability to build and work within strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with R&D, Procurement, and Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills. Proficient in verbal/written English.
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications and systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- A dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment
- An accomplished team, looking for new team members
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing, plant-based food accessible with thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food delivered to doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.