As an early member of the Product Design team, you will play a critical role in bringing our product and brand vision to life in our iOS app and on the web. In this role, you will create useful, educational, and inspirational experiences that will enhance our customer’s interactions with Daily Harvest.
You should be a strategic thinker with a genuine desire to keep up with the latest visual design trends, prototyping tools, and design frameworks. You are curious and want to understand our customers on a deep level, finding solutions to complex interactions, user experience, and design problems. Working closely with the product and engineering functions, you’ll enhance the customer-driven mindset across the company to elevate our level of product design and achieve our larger company goals.
What you'll do:
- Work with a cross-functional team throughout the entire product development cycle: from concept development to execution to launch, advocating for our users and our brand along the way
- Support our product development process with design thinking, sketching, prototyping, testing, learning, polished execution, and iteration
- Gather research, create prototypes, and iterate towards winning solutions while collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Find innovative ways to balance utility, education, and inspiration throughout our app and web digital experience
- Take an active and involved role in the definition of our product strategy for both new and existing functionality
- Partner with engineers to ensure a high-level of polish throughout the development cycle
- Partner with our brand and creative team to refine and evolve our design system to enable efficient, consistent, and scalable product development
Who you are:
- The right candidate will have a strong grasp of UX design, HCI principles and visual design with the ability to take a product from a flow diagram, through prototyping, to a polished high-fidelity live user experience
- 5+ years in a digitally-focused design role
- Mastery of industry standard design software, curiosity to experiment with emerging tools
- A track record of building exceptional and engaging user experiences for both apps and the web, ideally for e-commerce brands
- You love product and branding and how they are intertwined
- You obsess over details, but don't lose sight of the bigger picture
- Informed and excited about current user-interaction and design standards
- Rapid prototyping skills. You have multiple tools in your tool belt for getting customer feedback early and often in your design process.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.