We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision making. In practice, that means we are looking for engineers who want to write clean APIs and helpful error messages, and who always try to understand user needs when designing a new system.
About the role
Dagster is seeking a passionate Developer Advocate to join our dynamic Developer Relations Team. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Developer Relations and play a pivotal role in building and nurturing our community. You will help grow the development of a vibrant open-source community around Dagster, our data orchestration product. You will also have the opportunity to help us shape the product roadmap and features, serving as a critical voice of the customer.
The Developer Relations team aims to grow adoption of Dagster’s Open Source product, with a focus on three broad areas: content, community, and product. Over the past year, the Dagster community has grown to over 10,000 members across thousands of organizations. Our team creates product education materials that will help our users to smoothly onboard to Dagster and succeed in learning about the project and best practices, adapting Dagster to their custom infrastructure, evaluate Dagster for their organization, or anything in between.
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with benefits. We are a distributed team with offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis. We have team members all over the U.S. and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S. Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you’d rather not work from home, we’ll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you’re fully remote.
- You will help execute against the high-level community growth strategy and its day-to-day execution.
- You will play a critical role in adoption of Dagster OSS
- You will create opportunities for users to: learn how to use Dagster, show off their Dagster projects, build connections within the community, and share product feedback.
- You will develop relationships with highly engaged users and produce technical content.
- You have a pulse on what content users are interested in and what features users want and are excited to start new community initiatives like virtual conferences and meetups.
- You will guide the ongoing involvement of the engineering team with the community.
- You deeply value inclusivity and work to cultivate belonging.
- You will have autonomy in scoping, prioritizing, and executing on projects, with the north star of serving the growing Dagster community.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Proven experience as a data practitioner, such as a data engineer, ML engineer, analytics engineer, or data analyst.
- Bonus points for previous experience in building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive online developer community and a track record of developing engaging content that speaks to a diverse audience on technical topics.
- Strong understanding of and experience in the data community.
- Be a self-driven individual who can carry a project from inception to completion.
You belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously, and build better software. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Dagster Labs if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.
Dagster is built in Python and TypeScript to work on macOS, Linux, and Windows. Our cloud product runs on AWS and Postgres. We integrate with a wide range of databases, data warehouses, orchestration engines, compute substrates, and cloud services.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $125,000 - $170,000
- ℹ️ Learn more about Dagster
- ▶️ Watch the 10 min Dagster Overview
- ▶️ Hear from some members of our team
- ▶️ Hear from some of our users