We aspire to build the “devops operating system”: one integrated platform to orchestrate the delivery of applications to the cloud, from start to finish. We will accomplish this by giving devops enthusiasts what they want most: a programming environment which can encode their expertise into reusable software components, while remaining compatible with their existing tools. If we are successful, the devops community will enter a new golden age of explosive innovation and collaboration, with the Dagger platform and brand at its center.
About The Role
We’re looking for an Ecosystem Technical Generalist with extensive experience in CI/CD, DevOps automation, and developer tools to join the Ecosystem Team to build and support our developer community through direct engagement (reactive and outreach) and technical content creation (e.g. code/integrations, demos, docs). The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background plus the desire to engage with our community members/contributors, partner organizations, and customers. In addition to engaging in all aspects of our present ecosystem, you’ll help to create strategies that evolve Dagger’s capabilities as a developer-oriented, open source platform based on feedback from the community and collaboration with Product and Engineering. The goal is to create a delightful and engaging developer experience where our community and partners are empowered to articulate their needs and to directly contribute to the Dagger platform.
About The Product
Dagger is a portable development kit for CICD pipelines. Using Dagger, software teams can create powerful pipelines with minimal effort, then run them anywhere. Devops engineers love Dagger because it allows:
- Re-using the same pipelines across dev and CI
- Testing and debugging pipelines locally
- Re-using their same pipeline across CI environment, without re-writes
You can expect to:
- Lead users through defined pilot projects (POC)
- Support and educate users ad hoc as they try out Dagger
- Document feedback and needed improvements learned from user interactions
- Be the voice of the user/customer in Product and Engineering
- Working with the Head of Ecosystem, in developing a plan to educate, engage, and delight our developer community.
- Help to implement a roadmap of exciting events, meetups, and focused sessions for the developer community.
- Working on technical integrations. For example:
- How Dagger can use/deploy to another cloud/service/tool
- How Dagger can be called from another service/tool
- Employ a data-driven approach to community building, including understanding how to measure the health and success of a developer community.
- Effectively communicate in a fast-paced environment with a decentralized global team.
- Show/explain the value of Dagger to prospective users/customers through:
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 7+ years in equivalent past work experience
- Experience with open-source communities and ambassador programs (including events & meetups
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with clear measurable OKRs
- You are comfortable leading and communicating regularly with a decentralized community of developers and contributors
- SaaS company and/or start-up experience
- Experience leading products for developers
- You value simplicity, iteration, and moving fast
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, BuildKit.
- Experience with CI/CD, dev automation and testing tools
- Experience with Cloud Providers either as a user or a developer (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- CS degree or equivalent experience (nice to have)
- Experience in a customer/community-facing role (e.g. SE, SA, DevRel)
Benefits of working at Dagger:
- Health & Wellness -We pay 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance premiums for you AND your family.
- Professional Development & Growth-We encourage professional development and growth. On a case-by-case basis, we offer funding for team members to pursue their professional goals.
- Workflow - We are a 100% remote-first company: we encourage asynchronous, written communication and autonomy.
- Time Off - 5 weeks personal time off per year (PTO), we encourage everyone to take them.
- Equity - We recognize your contributions to our company through your earned equity in the company.
Dagger embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.