We aspire to build the “devops operating system”: one integrated platform to orchestrate the delivery of applications to the cloud, from start to finish. We will accomplish this by giving devops enthusiasts what they want most: a programming environment which can encode their expertise into reusable software components, while remaining compatible with their existing tools. If we are successful, the devops community will enter a new golden age of explosive innovation and collaboration, with the Dagger platform and brand at its center.
About The Role
Dagger's head of community will work directly with and for our dynamic open-source community of developers and contributors globally.
You can expect to:
- Build our community strategy from the ground up, working with the product team to design and deliver market leading community programs for the Dagger community
- Collaborate across the team to ensure structured community event calendars are in place along with key supporting assets
- Build a performance framework for monitoring and reporting community engagement
- Be an ambassador for Dagger when dealing with external organizations
- Travel as a representative of Dagger
- Build relationships with our Dagger developers around the world and build collaborations where needed
- Work with the team to automate essential processes and workflows around community management
- Learn how to maximize user reach internationally and connect with them on the platforms they use
- Share our approach to community and advocacy through content like blogs and videos
- At some point in the future, build and scale a team of Community Managers and Developer Advocates
You are a great fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Excellent English language skills
- 5+ years of PR, comms and community experience, built within startup cultures
- Experience building and running campaigns in a region / multiple markets
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to build consensus within cross functional teams
- Passionate and committed with high levels of initiative
- Ambitious and tenacious in nature
- Experience working on open source-based software products and participation in an open-source project
- Experience working with developer-focused platforms, tools and services
- Experience working in a startup environment
- A background in software development / software technologies
- Have successfully grown a developer community previously
- Experience managing and scaling community programs
- Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management experience
Additionally, we hope:
- You embrace our core values
- You operate independently
- You have a passion for building technical communities
- You champion data-informed decision-making
- You love collaborating with creative, technical people to accomplish big goals
- Managed technical communities
- You have programming experience planning and running live events (remote and in-person)
- You have experience with social media and building community on social networking application
Benefits of working at Dagger:
- Health & Wellness -We pay 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance premiums for you AND your family.
- Professional Development & Growth-We encourage professional development and growth. On a case-by-case basis, we offer funding for team members to pursue their professional goals.
- Workflow - We are a 100% remote-first company: we encourage asynchronous, written communication and autonomy.
- Time Off - 5 weeks personal time off per year (PTO), we encourage everyone to take them.
- Equity - We recognize your contributions to our company through your earned equity in the company.
Dagger embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.