We aspire to build the “devops operating system”: one integrated platform to orchestrate the delivery of applications to the cloud, from start to finish. We will accomplish this by giving devops enthusiasts what they want most: a programming environment which can encode their expertise into reusable software components, while remaining compatible with their existing tools. If we are successful, the devops community will enter a new golden age of explosive innovation and collaboration, with the Dagger platform and brand at its center.
About The Role
As a Technical Writer at Dagger, you will develop into a Dagger product expert dedicated to providing insight and essential information to predominately developers about the product. The technical writer will write technical reference documentation to ensure accuracy while assisting engineers in writing, proofreading, and reviewing their work.
This role is cross-functional between product, marketing, engineering, and recruiting. As a technical writer, you are excited to engage with and receive feedback and requests from internal and external stakeholders, learn about and document new product features, and explain existing features and workflows in concise and practical ways. Technical writers at Dagger are passionate about exploring and understanding systems and communicating with peers and colleagues in an intentional and interdisciplinary practice.
You can expect to:
- Collaborate with software developers, designers, and our product manager concerning new features and upcoming product changes.
- Write content from scratch.
- Participate in Agile development team meetings and represent the interests of the product documentation team and Docker customers through user feedback and analytics.
- Use the product, test each procedure and workflow, become an expert user, and provide feedback to product development teams.
- Collaborate with other teams to align product documentation with other forms of customer-enablement content.
You are a great fit for this role if you have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in writing, communications, or a related area of study.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- Previous technical writing experience for Developers, IT operations, and DevOps audiences.
- The ability to fulfill all components of the role including: information design, writing, and editing.
- Determination to grasp complex concepts and technologies and explain them to others within the target audience's context.
- Experience with authoring and publishing tools like Markdown, HTML, CSS. Knowledge or experience with bug tracking systems.
- Proficiency on Linux operating systems.
- Experience working on open source-based software products and participation in an open-source project.
- Experience working with developer-focused platforms, tools and services such as Terraform, AWS, Jenkins, Netlify, GitHub, MongoDB, Twilio, Docker.
Benefits of working at Dagger:
- Health & Wellness -We pay 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance premiums for you AND your family.
- Professional Development & Growth-We encourage professional development and growth. On a case-by-case basis, we offer funding for team members to pursue their professional goals.
- Workflow - We are a 100% remote-first company: we encourage asynchronous, written communication and autonomy.
- Time Off - 5 weeks personal time off per year (PTO), we encourage everyone to take them.
- Equity - We recognize your contributions to our company through your earned equity in the company.
Dagger embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.