The IT Operations Engineer owns the internal-facing operations for D2iQ IT in North America. This person is responsible for tier 3 technical support; liaising with MSPs to manage the tier 1/2 support experience, onboarding, offboarding, and device lifecycle management; providing technical expertise to the IT team while contributing to IT projects and compliance efforts; and being the primary IT point of contact for employees in North America.
As the primary IT contact for Day Two’ers in their region, the IT Operations Engineer has daily opportunities to make positive impacts on the D2iQ community. This person is expected to prioritize and compartmentalize work in order to keep IT operations running smoothly while working on additional IT projects.
This is a full-time, fully remote position for candidates currently based and eligible to work in the United States.
- Field and complete or assign incoming tier 3 requests from Day Two’ers based in North America, with occasional crossover to other regions
- Work closely with a managed service provider to ensure Day Two’ers have excellent experiences with onboarding, offboarding, provisioning, and the D2iQ tech stack
- Manage, in coordination with D2iQ’s MSP, the device lifecycle for D2iQ-owned computers, monitors and other accessories
- Contribute to IT projects related to security, compliance efforts, systems administration, employee experience, et al.
- Administer company systems and developer tools as part of regular day-to-day operations
- Assist with A/V aspects of company All Hands
- Perform IT orientation for new Day Two’ers in North America
- Maintain and contribute to the company’s knowledge base by documenting processes and the solutions to common support requests
- Commit to providing our internal customers with the highest-quality IT experience possible
- Maintain full availability during regular business hours, with occasional schedule adjustments as needed
- Prioritize requests and projects according to business relevance
- Additional responsibilities related to IT operations as required by the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5–7 years’ experience in a service desk and/or IT operations role
- Experience working in the technology industry or a similar engineering-focused organization
- Experience supporting macOS, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience working in ticketing and documentation
- Experience building and maintaining controls related to compliance efforts and standards such as SOC2, NIST, ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA
- Experience administering common business systems and saas services, e.g. GitHub, Google Apps, Jira, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Work hard, play hard ethic
D2iQ requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, D2iQ will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ accelerates Day 2 success for smart cloud-native applications on enterprise Kubernetes. The D2iQ Kubernetes Platform (DKP) includes everything needed to adopt Kubernetes easily and expand Kubernetes use to multiple clusters across any infrastructure, whether on-premise, in the cloud, in air-gapped environments, or at the edge, and to enable smart cloud-native applications.
D2iQ eliminates roadblocks to success, such as lack of skills, with our Kubernetes and cloud-native expertise, alleviates operational complexity with a simpler and easy-to-use platform, and addresses security concerns with military-grade security.
D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in London and Hamburg. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Microsoft, and T.Rowe Price Associates, Inc. Find us at http://www.d2iq.com.
We believe Smart Cloud-Native Apps, digital experiences powered by AI and constantly improving, will be the defining attributes of tomorrow's winning products in all industries.
To level the playing field by making Smart Cloud-Native application innovation accessible to everyone.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.