We are looking for a software engineer focused on operations who is responsible for running our internal infrastructure services. Our preference is for DevOps engineers with a strong slant towards operations and tool building. All of us come with a strong operations or site reliability background and we heavily dog-food our Kubernetes distribution in everything we do. We do not look for workarounds to keep our services up by any means, what we care the most about is to find the best solutions and improve our products.
We don't mind getting into the weeds with hard to diagnose networking issues, and we troubleshoot such problems by leveraging our years of frontline experience firefighting within large scale web operations. Some of us have experience with Kubernetes before coming on board, and some of us don’t. However, having a strong understanding of distributed systems and systems engineering is key to our success. We take pride in creating software which people rely on and it is a joy to use.
- Architect, build, and maintain systems that our engineering team and customers rely on
- Contribute to documentation for both our customers and other engineers
- Make Kubernetes the easiest framework to deploy, manage, and monitor at scale
- Responsible for third party services and production infrastructure in which Kubernetes is operating on
- Partner with other engineers to design, build, and maintain critical systems
- Consistently work to make our software simpler
- Effectively estimate time to implement designs
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve
- Expert level knowledge in at least one high level programming language such as Python or Go
- Technical understanding of one or more of Terraform, Ansible, Chef.
- 3+ years experience with production infrastructure
- Designed and operated large scale infrastructure running on AWS, GCP, Azure or other cloud providers
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Background in system administration, operations or site reliability
- Understanding of network protocols and networking in general
- Deep knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Production experience with service oriented architectures and distributed systems like Mesos, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Zookeeper, etc.
- An extremely clear, concise, and effective communicator
- Worked with container systems like Docker or Rkt in production
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
D2iQ’s Core Values
We are customer-driven
We are driven by the success of our customers and we deliver a top-notch partnership throughout their journeys. We believe if our customer wins, we win.
We are team always
We are dependable and effective in building positive relationships with our peers. We are relentlessly humble and demonstrate a high-level of respect in our interactions.
We are champions of change
We have a hunger to continuously learn and the courage to take intelligent risks. We’re pioneers, innovators, and change-makers to the core.
We are relentless
We raise the bar and execute flawlessly. We’re serious about ownership and effectively balance quality output with efficient speed.
D2iQ is the leading provider of enterprise-grade cloud platforms that enable organizations to embrace open source and cloud native innovations while delivering smarter Day 2 operations. With unmatched experience driving some of the world's largest cloud deployments, D2iQ empowers organizations to better navigate and accelerate cloud native journeys with enterprise-grade technologies, training, professional services and support. Whether you are deploying your first Kubernetes workload, optimizing your business analytics with Spark or Jupyter, or looking to educate your developers on the benefits of cloud native, D2iQ has the expertise, services and technology to enable you on the journey. D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in London and Hamburg, Germany. D2iQ investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. Find us at https://d2iq.com/
Enabling organizations to change the world through open source innovation.
We maximize our customer's business value by relentlessly delivering deep expertise and unrivaled technology that utilizes automation to solve the toughest of cloud native challenges including state, scale and resiliency.
D2iQ requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, D2iQ will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
D2iQ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.